The UCSC provides access to Community Service Vans for CSRSOs to transport volunteers to and from service projects in the six-county metropolitan area. All drivers must be certified through the UCSC before reserving the vans.
To become certified to drive any University vehicle, drivers must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Be 18 years old by the date the van is to be driven
- Possess a valid US driver’s license for at least the past 2 years
- Have more than 2,000 miles driving experience with no moving violations, convictions or court-ordered supervision.
Be advised that applicants from Alaska, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and Washington will need to secure a copy of their Motor Vehicle Record from their home Secretary of State or DMV, prior to the meeting.
The certification process begins with an online training module. The course consists of video lessons and quizzes regarding University vehicle policy and UCSC Van regulations. You must complete all three parts of the certification course and receive a perfect score on the quizzes. Links to the course are below.
- First Lesson: University Vehicle Policy
- Second Lesson: UCSC Fleet Regulations
- Third Lesson: Risk Management and Accident Prevention
Once you have completed the training module, UCSC program staff will be in touch within the week to schedule a time when you can fill out the appropriate paperwork.
Certified Drivers: Click here to request a van!
Click here to see the van schedule.