Founded in 1996 by former First Lady Michelle Obama and part of the Office of Civic Engagement, UCSC serves the University's 5,000 undergraduates and 10,000 graduate and professional school students by engaging them with communities and partners to make a positive civic impact throughout Chicago.
• Student civic education through experiential learning
• Short- and long-term volunteering opportunities
• Civic advising on student-led projects and initiatives
• Connections to civic-focused jobs and internships
By working with UCSC, students can:
• Learn about Chicago’s rich cultural landscape
• Explore civic engagement and social impact concepts
• Apply classroom learnings to the world around them
• Connect with and learn from community and civic leaders
• Gain an understanding of existing community organizations serving neighboring communities and advancing an array of social issues
• Support local neighborhoods and residents by contributing their energy, skills, and ideas to the missions of nonprofit organizations across the city
Follow us on Social Media!
Schedule an Appointment with a Member of Our Team
We’re happy to speak with students and other members of the University community about our offerings and how to get involved off-campus as a volunteer. Click here to learn more about opportunities and get connected.